HM Stanley Hospital Wales

H.M. Stanley Hospital, St. Asaph was an acute hospital established as a workhouse in 1838, and becoming a hospital with the formation of the NHS in 1948. The hospital closed in April 2012 after being deemed "not fit for purpose";[2] it was estimated that the hospital would require £2.5 million of refurbishment to restore it to "fit for purpose" status. The stroke and eye units at the hospital have been be moved to other areas, including a new eye unit at Abergele Hospital. The site remains home to the Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust HQ.

Please click on the thumb nail below to view Larger Image