Notre Dame Catholic College, Liverpool

Notre Dame Catholic College is a Catholic secondary school and sixth form located near Stanley Park in Liverpool, Merseyside, England.[1] Founded by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, it was a girls' school for most of its history and became coeducational from September 2012.
It was founded in February 1869. The Notre Dame Catholic College was originally the residence of the Sisters of Notre Dame in Liverpool, and began as a pupil-teacher centre with links to local primary schools. The collegiate school did not actually come into existence until 1902, with this merging with the pupil teacher centre in 1908.
The sisters did not move out of the building until 1978 due to the expansion and the intake of the school building, and the school building also followed this expansion to pave the way for the institution to become an all-girls comprehensive school in 1983, which also tallied with the amalgamation of both St John’s Secondary Modern School and St Catherine’s Secondary Modern School to form Notre Dame High School in the same year.

In 2001, the school inserted the word 'Catholic' into its title to become Notre Dame Catholic High School, but 2002 saw the school become a specialist 'Performing Arts College' - returning the institution to a College as it once originally was.

The former all girls College will be accepting boys into Year 7 from September 2012. Boys are already enrolled into Sixth Form. From September 2012, the royal blue uniform will change to all grey with the girls wearing a kilt.

In September 2013, the College moved to a new, state-of-the-art building next to Everton Park sports centre on Great Homer Street as part of the wider Project Jennifer scheme. Construction began on the new building in July 2012.

On September 2nd 2014 part of the old Notre Dame building was set a light. The fire started in the old sports hall.

Please click on the thumb nail below to view Larger Image