St Cadoc's Hospital

Saint Cadoc's Hospital (Welsh: Ysbyty Sant Cadog) is located in Caerleon on the northern outskirts of the city of Newport.
The building was designed by Alfred J. Wood FRIBA, London and named after Saint Cadoc. Saint Cadoc's church is located in the town.
The hospital, which opened in 1906 as the Newport Borough Asylum, was built to accommodate up to 350 patients. Extensive outbuildings were later added on the site, but since 2005 the number of residents has been very small with the growing emphasis on care in the community.
St Cadoc's Hospital provides a number of mental health services:
Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services
Adult Mental Health Services are provided by 11 Community Mental Health Teams
Elderly Mental Health Services provided by 5 multi-disciplinary Community Mental Health Teams.
85% of the hospital remains live or is being renovated.

Please click on the thumb nail below to view Larger Image