St Peters Mortuary Chertsey

St. Peters Hospital was initially built to house the casualties of the Second World War. The mortuary was built in the 1940’s, but after much redevelopment it was decided that the site was too small to cope with the increase of bodies. So, in April 2009 the mortuary closed and moved to the new building which is now central to the main hospital.
Rumour has it could be demolished in 2014..

Please click on the thumb nail below to view Larger Image