Victoria Road Primary

Victoria Road School was built in 1878 being the first school to open in the Torry area. The first part of the school to be built was the section closest to Abbey Road but with increasing numbers of pupils more space was needed and the main part of the building was completed in 1904.The oldest part of the school is rumoured to be haunted by a lady dressed in Victorian Style clothing.

In 2003 the school held a Victorian day to celebrate the 125th anniversary of the school opening .Staff and pupils dressed up in Victorian costumes and lessons were held in a distinctly Victorian style!

The school finally closed its doors in 2008 due to government cuts

Please click on the thumb nail below to view Larger Image